Flipkart

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Captain America: Civil War. Reflection on MCU

Captain America: Civil War is a superhero film. It is continuing the story started in 2014's Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, and features Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Tom Holland and Daniel Brühl.


My first introduction to Marvel characters was in 1999. It was actually a spoof of the Avengers, The Justice Friends somehow I came to know more about Captain America, Hulk and Thor. During the same time Iron Man Animated series started broadcasting, little did I know that these guys would be in a same movie one day.




I really feel nostalgic and emotional when I see these character on screen. So it has always been difficult for me to be subjective about these movies because of the attachment I have with these characters. I thought I can never dislike comic book movies until Batman V Superman happened, it turned out I can really hate these movies if they are bad.


Some people take issue with comedy in Marvel movies, I have come to terms with it although I didn't like Ultron cracking jokes but if you think about it, his character was an extension of Tony Stark so it does make sense.

Civil War has one of the best action sequence ever picturize in  a comic book movie, which should not be surprise as the action sequences were directed by the makers of John Wick. The addition of Spiderman and Black Panther should be easily accepted as these characters are just likable and in simple terms awesome.

I am not reviewing this movie, cause how can I isolate this movie from the rest of the 12 Marvel movies which came before Captain America:Civil War. It is an emotional journey if you have come to love these characters in the past movies but if you are a casual movie fan, this movie is about friendship at its core and standing for something you believe in, to which anyone can relate to.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus